To know the only true God, honor and obey Him, and make Him known.
God’s design for the family is based on one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:18-24)
Early on people began to depart from God’s will. (Genesis 19:1-13)
God has given clear teaching about homosexuality in the Old Testament. (Leviticus 18:22-23; Leviticus 20:13; Deuteronomy 22:5; Deuteronomy 23:17; Judges 19:22-25)
God again taught about homosexuality in New Testament times. (1 Timothy 1:8-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
God made it clear that homosexual behavior is a result of moving away from God. (Romans 1:18-32)
Therefore, according to God’s Word:
- Homosexuality is not genetic.
- It is not a mental illness.
- It is not an alternate lifestyle that should be accepted by society.
- It is not part of God’s original design for the family.
- It is disobedience to God.
- It is sin.
- It is a distortion of godly sexual expression.
- It can become a kind of sexual addiction, just as can happen with any sex outside of marriage.
- God never taught that homosexual marriage is a valid option.
- We should love those who have a homosexual lifestyle and desire their salvation. We should not accept their sinful lifestyle. We should share the Gospel with them and call them to repent and put their faith in Jesus, just as we should do with any other sinner. We should pray for them regularly.
Some true believers in Christ used to have a homosexual lifestyle before they put their faith in Christ. Once they have placed personal faith in Christ they cannot continue in a secret or open lifestyle of homosexuality. They will begin a process of transformation in Christ. (Proverbs 28:13; 2 Corinthians 5:17)
We must stand firmly on the Word of God!
Return to the doctrinal statement of The People of the Book